[Asterisk-Users] How to Order Disconnect Supervision from SBC using Adit 600?

James Sharp jsharp at psychoses.org
Tue Jan 13 15:00:15 MST 2004

> I have a little more info on this. Following the suggestion of another
> post on
> this topic I tracked down an analog phone with lighted buttons powered by
> the
> phone connection. I directly connected the phone to one of my inbound
> lines and
> called it with my cell phone. Picked up the analog phone, verified call
> completion and then hung up my cell. I watched and waited for the lights
> to go
> out. Sure enough they did, but it took 8 seconds from the time of the
> hangup.
> After the flash more phone started emitting a dialtone sound. Is this
> correct? I
> was under the impression the voltage drop would happen almost immediately.

Do you have another analog line that's on the same Central office as the
line in question?  The delay could be lag time betwee the time you hang up
your cell phone, the cell provider MTSO processes the hang up, passes it
on to their termination provider, who then passes it on to your
termination provider, who then passes it on to you.