[Asterisk-Users] How does the PSTN termination indurty realy work?

Jess Magnaye jess at arretni.com
Tue Jan 13 14:12:46 MST 2004

 normally, voip companies have their own switches, meaning PoP located
locally to resell minutes to other carriers, or they may have what they call
partners residing anywhere in the globe where they buy minutes from to push
their traffic to. in order for an individual to operate fully as voip
operator, you will need lots of back-up routes, bec most of voip operations
are not legal outside US -- and there are ppl not afraid of closing down
after 2-6 months because they already made money out of their routes during
the operation.  anyway, to put up your own company u need lots of contacts,
cold calls, (gateways if you want), and the most important thing is
softswitch+billing.  with softswitch u can buy/resell minutes between voip
vendors/clients. and of course billing is for your own sake, otherwise,
you'll loose everything. :)

good luck, and let me know if you got good routes/rates.  right now im
looking for cuba for additional capacity.