[Asterisk-Users] How does the PSTN termination indurty realy work?

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 13:13:33 MST 2004

Does anyone here understand how these VOIP/PSTN gateway companies
work?  There seem to be a number of small outfits that offer about
the same service.  I'm thinking that a company that is really just
one person and a web site can't possibly own and operate gateway
equipent in 100 contries world wide.  I figure there must be some
large outfit who _does_ have physical equipment installed in
hundreds of locations that leases time to re-sellers like
Nufone, Iconect, Voice Pulse, Addaline, xvoip and the others

If this is realy how the industry works, then does it matter which
retailer you pick?  Matter in terms of audio quality and reliabilty,
this is.  I know each will have it's own customer support and
pricing.

> This on the heels of switch-1.nufone.net being missing out of DNS.
>
> We have customers that expect their VOIP to work.  Is there anybody
> that's reliable?
>
> >I am having probelms connecting to voicepulse this morning. Is
> anybody else

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com