[Asterisk-Users] inbound call routing problem

Jared Smith jsmith at drgutah.com
Tue Jan 13 08:58:37 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 07:52, Lane Hoskins wrote:
> We have 8 lines coming into an ADTRAN channelbank that then goes to
> the * server via a T100P card. I need to route lines 1 and 2 to
> everyone when a call comes in on either of them. I also need lines 3 –
> 8 to ring first at specific sip extensions (direct dials for staff
> here) and then to go to voicemail or fwd to a cellphone after that if
> the extension is not answered.  Has anyone done this that could
> provide an example for me or point me to better documentation? We have
> searched extensively and not found anything yet.

You need to understand more about contexts.  If you put lines 1 and 2 in
a context (let's call it [everyone]) and each of the other lines in it's
own context (let's say [line3], [line4], etc.), then you can control
what happens in each context.

If you haven't figured out where to assign a context to each line, it's
in your /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf file.  After setting those in
zapata.conf, your (very simplified) extensions.conf file will look
something like this:

[everyone]
; ring everyone
exten=>s,1,Answer()
exten=>s,2,Dial(SIP/John&SIP/Mary&SIP/Fred&SIP/Bob)

[line3]
exten=>s,1,Answer()
exten=>s,2,Dial(SIP/John,20,r)
exten=>s,3,Dial(<John's cellphone goes here>,10,r)
exten=>s,4,VoiceMailMain(<John's mailbox>)
exten=>s,5,Hangup()
exten=>s,103,Dial(<John's cellphone goes here>,10,r)
exten=>s,104,VoiceMailMain(<John's mailbox>)
exten=>s,105,Hangup()
exten=>s,204,VoiceMailMain(<John's mailbox>)
exten=>s,205,Hangup()

[line4]
exten=>s,1,Answer()
exten=>s,2,Dial(SIP/Mary,20,r)
exten=>s,3,Dial(<Mary's cellphone goes here>,10,r)
exten=>s,4,VoiceMailMain(<Mary's mailbox>)
exten=>s,5,Hangup()
exten=>s,103,Dial(<Mary's cellphone goes here>,10,r)
exten=>s,104,VoiceMailMain(<Mary's mailbox>)
exten=>s,105,Hangup()
exten=>s,204,VoiceMailMain(<Mary's mailbox>)
exten=>s,205,Hangup()

... etc., etc. ...

Hope that gets you started... While this should work, I take no
responsibility for typos and or stupid mistakes I may have made while
writing this in a hurry...

Jared Smith