[Asterisk-Users] inbound call routing problem

David Gomillion dgomillion at eyecarenow.com
Tue Jan 13 08:32:46 MST 2004

Lane Hoskins <> wrote:
> I have come to a stumbling block.
>
> We have 8 lines coming into an ADTRAN channelbank that then goes to
> the * server via a T100P card. I need to route lines 1 and 2 to
> everyone when a call comes in on either of them. I also need lines 3
> - 8 to ring first at specific sip extensions (direct dials for staff
> here) and then to go to voicemail or fwd to a cellphone after that if
> the extension is not answered.  Has anyone done this that could
> provide an example for me or point me to better documentation? We
> have searched extensively and not found anything yet.
>
> Lane Hoskins, MCP
> Network Engineer
> 540.767.7626

I have not done it yet, but it would seem to me that the key to this
exercise would be having 7 contexts: 1 for lines 1+2 (which rings all
lines or a queue or IVR/ACD) and then one for each line 3-8.

This means that each of your incoming lines can have their very own s
extension.  You can define each line's context in the .conf in
Asterisk's etc directory.

Hope this helps,
David Gomillion