[Asterisk-Users] T1 Sync clarification

James Sharp jsharp at psychoses.org
Mon Jan 12 18:48:10 MST 2004

> Does anyone else have 2 t1's plugged into their T400 ?  If
> so, how are they synced ?  This was just happening at night,
> but I lost the second span a dozen times already today, all
> within less than an hour earlier this afternoon.

If you've got 2 spans from the same provider, you should just be able to
set them as sync type 1 and the other as sync type 2 (primary &
secondary).

If you've got spans from different providers...you're in for an adventure.
 You'll be able to do one of the following (which one is telco and luck
dependant):

1) Set them up as primary and secondary sync and you might get lucky
enough that both providers are synced close enough so you don't have to
worry.

2) Set one up as primary sync, let the other ones derive clocking
internally from the card, and deal with a bunch of frame slips.

Are there any 1 or 2 bit buffers in the T1/E1 cards to allow it to resolve
differences in clocking?