[Asterisk-Users] ADSI. used beyond own phone network?

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Mon Jan 12 12:27:01 MST 2004

I am curious. I understand that features can be pushed to an ADSI phone that
make navigating your own voicemail easier, and for other internal things.
But, does anyone push this data outside of their own phone network?

Example: I am at home with my spiffy new ADSI compatible handset and dial up
my bank, OneWorldBankingConglomerate. Would they be able to push me their
menu? Button 1 for TeleBanking. Button 2 for New Accounts. Button 3 for
Customer Service. Button 4 Check Verification, etc...

Is there a protocol that supports this?
Could it be passed in sideband somehow?
Would normal people actually buy phones to have access to this?
What kind of security implications would this have?

-----
Andrew Thompson http://aktzero.com/
Your eyes are weary from staring at the CRT. You feel sleepy. Notice how
restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions
stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.