[Asterisk-Users] bad pstn audio coming from old * processes

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Jan 12 11:15:35 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 09:53, Thilo Salmon wrote:
> Steven,
>
> > Sounds like it is a PSTN problem if VoIP to VoIP is clear even when
> > translated from IAX to SIP. Check with zttool when this is happening to
> > see if there are errors or irq misses showing up.
>
> You are right. I can see a total of 17 missed interrupts for this span
> (since I last reloaded the drivers I think, which has been a week or two
> now). However, while placing a call this number does not go up nor do
> any other errors show up.
>
> What I forgot to mention: I think it is unlikely to be a problem with my
> telco, since I am connected to two switches with dozens of E1s - all
> showing the same behaviour. What really puzzles me is the fact that
> simply restarting asterisk helps this problem.

I wasn't trying to blame the telco, but maybe the zap driver or the
system trying to handle the zapata card. This is a much reduced are to
debug than the whole of asterisk and VoIP drivers too. I'm trying to
help you get to the root cause so either you can develop the fix, or
formulate a decent bug report so someone else can track down the
behavior and fix it for you.