[Asterisk-Users] bad pstn audio coming from old * processes

Thilo Salmon salmon at netzquadrat.de
Mon Jan 12 08:53:38 MST 2004

Steven,

> Sounds like it is a PSTN problem if VoIP to VoIP is clear even when
> translated from IAX to SIP. Check with zttool when this is happening to
> see if there are errors or irq misses showing up.

You are right. I can see a total of 17 missed interrupts for this span
(since I last reloaded the drivers I think, which has been a week or two
now). However, while placing a call this number does not go up nor do
any other errors show up.

What I forgot to mention: I think it is unlikely to be a problem with my
telco, since I am connected to two switches with dozens of E1s - all
showing the same behaviour. What really puzzles me is the fact that
simply restarting asterisk helps this problem.

Thilo