[Asterisk-Users] far end disconnect supervision

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Jan 12 07:48:39 MST 2004

> I've been reading the list archives and searching Ebay for channel
> banks.  There are lots of Carrier Access Corp (CAC) Access Bank I and
> II's available but I don't explicitly see anything about "calling party
> disconnect" in the user manuals.  The CAC Adit 600 manual, on the other
> hand, states that "calling party disconnect" is supported on the FXO
> interfaces.  That's great, but I haven't seen any on Ebay and I can't
> justify the expense of a new unit.  Acording to the list archives the
> Adtran 750/850 units work well but I haven't read the manuals for those
> units yet.

The Adit600 is a Very Good channel bank.  They are pricier than the others
but IMO they are worth it.  Gain settings are electronic rather than dip
switch set, they're small and just all around *nice* to use.

I can confirm with personal experience that the ABI does *not* support
far-end disconnect notification on its FXO ports.  The marketing literature
mentions it but they do not support it.

Regards,
Andrew