[Asterisk-Users] analog or sip ? was far end disconnect supervision

Lance Arbuckle asterisk at arbuckle.org
Sun Jan 11 16:07:56 MST 2004

Thanks to everyone that responded to my channel bank question.  Ive
decided that the Adit 600 would be a good choice.
Then I got to thinking about SIP phones and wondered if their quality
has progressed to the point that they can be deployed to customers who
"just want their phones to work" and wouldn't tolerate any SIP hickups.
As for pricing, I would think the SIP phones would need to be in the
$200 price range to be competative with analog or ADSI phones plus a
channel bank.  I know there are lots of variables that figure into the
analog vs SIP question like number of incoming lines and how they're
delivered and the number of extensions etc....   I guess what would be
helpfull to me would be some general rules of thumb that you asterisk
experts use to determine what type of extension phones to recommend for
a given customer.
Thanks

-Lance