[Asterisk-Users] "friendly" dial tone frequency combinations

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Sun Jan 11 16:10:04 MST 2004

Hello List,

I just started messing with the settings on a SPA-2000, and it has a really
nasty alternative dial tone that I want to make go away. I'm not too hip on
how the two numbers interact, so my results haven't been good.

(I'm in the US, so I'm bias'ed towards US tones.)

Default(I'm ok with this one): 350 at -19,440 at -19;10(*/0/1+2)

OutsideLineTone(Bad, really bad. No, worse than that): 420 at -16;10(*/0/1)

My only moderately successful alteration is: 355 at -19,440 at -19;10(*/0/1+2)

I was wondering if any of you had worked out some dial tone combinations
that were user-friendly.

As an aside, some of you I'm sure know what the US defaults are so can you
tell me what the pieces of these configurations mean? I know the two 3digit
numbers are frequencies. I'm guessing that the -19 is gain? The rest of them
don't mean anything at all to me...

Thanks,
Andrew.

----