[Asterisk-Users] default music source for SIP channel

Lance Arbuckle asterisk at arbuckle.org
Sat Jan 10 21:28:54 MST 2004

Lance Arbuckle wrote:

> ml at neoninternet.com wrote:
> >
> > > The wiki says this about the MusicOnHold command:
> > >
> > > "Plays hold music specified by class. If omitted, the default music
> > > source for the channel will be used."
> > > http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20cmd%20MusicOnHold

ok, I read the above statement from the wiki to mean a channel type like
ZAP or SIP or whatever.  Is this correct ?

Now, over here in the wiki
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+musiconhold.conf it says:
Editing your files to enable MusicOnHold
In /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf, add the line "musiconhold=default" under
[channels] context

To me this means that the default MusicOnHold (MOH) class can be set for
all Zap channels.  And this seams to work.  I can do musiconhold=random
and all calls from zap channels get MOH class "random".  If I change
musiconhold=random to musiconhold=test all Zap calls get the new class
"test".

For calls initiated from a SIP client, the SIP client always gets the
MOH class "default".

I even reworked my sip.conf to send all sip calls to [from-sip] in
extensions.conf
[from-sip]
exten => s,1,setmusiconhold(test)
include => from-internal

So, why does zapata.conf accept musiconhold=class yet sip.conf ignores a
similar statement ?  Can anyone give me an example of how to control the
MOH class for a SIP channel ?

Thanks