[Asterisk-Users] far end disconnect supervision

Jonathan Moore moorejon at usd465.com
Sat Jan 10 20:48:29 MST 2004

Quoting Rich Adamson <radamson at routers.com>:

> Personal opinion is that throwing a channel bank at * (other then for
> better echo cancellation on trunks) is like taking a shower with your
> socks on; don't see any practical use. But, I'm sure some do.

This statement assumes a lot.

1. That you don't want to use analog phones.
2. That you need enough lines for a T1/PRI circuit. In this case the most
economical way to deploy a setup of say 5-16 voice lines is with a channel bank
and a T1 card in the * server. If there is some less expensive option please
share :-).

Visit Winfield Public Schools at http://usd465.com