[Asterisk-Users] far end disconnect supervision

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Jan 10 19:48:18 MST 2004

Lance,

> Yes, I'm looking for a channel bank to interface analog phones and pstn
> lines to asterisk.  I've got a simple test system setup with the TDM10B
> and X100p and want to continue learning asterisk with the T1 card.
>
> I've been reading the list archives and searching Ebay for channel
> banks.  There are lots of Carrier Access Corp (CAC) Access Bank I and
> II's available but I don't explicitly see anything about "calling party
> disconnect" in the user manuals.  The CAC Adit 600 manual, on the other
> hand, states that "calling party disconnect" is supported on the FXO
> interfaces.  That's great, but I haven't seen any on Ebay and I can't
> justify the expense of a new unit.  Acording to the list archives the
> Adtran 750/850 units work well but I haven't read the manuals for those
> units yet.
>
> Basically, I was hoping to purchase a functional, used, older channel
> bank for a few hundred dollars so that I could continue learning
> Asterisk and to also have a system to demonstrate to potential clients.
> Any suggestions welcome.....

I've not implemented any form of channel bank with *, so can't offer much
help on specific vendor/models. Since there are a fair number of folks
using them on the list, try posting a new thread with channel bank in
the subject, and summarize the responses in the wiki.

Personal opinion is that throwing a channel bank at * (other then for
better echo cancellation on trunks) is like taking a shower with your
socks on; don't see any practical use. But, I'm sure some do.