[Asterisk-Users] Free Software or not -- that's the question /* New subject */

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Jan 10 14:44:04 MST 2004

Brian West wrote:
> w,
> 	You also have to consider that if Asterisk used any GPL code we
> would loose the ability to use/link to openh323, provide g729 of any sort.
> We would also Dialogic support.  Now do you want to be the one to tell
> everyong that depends on h323, g729 or Dialogic cards they are just SOL?

And, with clever interfaces, we can still interface to GPL code even though
we can't include it in the base CVS. The Mysql-addon is one example,
the festival interface may be another and Brians solution with ODBC to connect
to every other database, GPL or not, is another solution.

Let's go back to work :-)
/O