[Asterisk-Users] picking a channel bank

Ken Alker ken at impulse.net
Sat Jan 10 00:57:26 MST 2004

I have never had to pick out a channel bank before but I'd like to use one
with the Digium T-1 card to hook 8 analog CO lines to an * PBX.

Is there a reference somewhere describing and comparing channel banks (old
and new)?

Can modern channel banks handle translating all the "new" analog signaling
features into a T-1 format?  For example, can it interpret the 1200 baud
FSK caller ID stream that is inserted between the first and second ring and
translate that into digital caller ID delivery out the RJ-45 port?

How about:

1) caller ID
2) caller ID call waiting
3) distinctive rings
4) call waiting
5) analog 3-way calling (flash hook)
6) analog call transfer (3-way call w/hang up)
7) stutter dial-tone (message waiting)
8) anything else I've missed?

 Ken Alker         ken at impulse.net            ham radio: KA6SDU
 Impulse Internet Services               http://www.impulse.net
 Santa Barbara,  San Luis Obispo,  Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange
 T-3 / T-1 / ADSL / ISDN / 56K / web hosting / wireless / co-lo