[Asterisk-Users] Problem registering FWD

Terence Parker terence at parker.com.hk
Fri Jan 9 20:50:56 MST 2004

> Have a look at http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+SIP+NAT+solutions
>
> If you sip client is behind firewall you will not be able to connect
> to FWD. However you can get around by using IAXTEL. check out this
> page:
>
> www.iaxtel.com/setup.html
>
> David Kwok

Thanks for that.

Actually, my machine has both an internal IP and a real IP address, so
I didn't think I would need to turn on the NAT settings. But, stupidly,
I set the binding interface of SIP to my internal address only - which
probably explains my problems. I have now changed the binding back to
0.0.0.0 and all is working.

(Well... the 'logging on' part anyway - i'm still having call problems
bridging calls with an SIP phone, but that's another matter....)

Thanks again!

Terence