AW: [Asterisk-Users] Problems with Cisco 7920/Skinny/Asterisk

Martin Bene martin.bene at icomedias.com
Fri Jan 9 23:29:31 MST 2004

Hi Jan,

>the last 2 days i was working on getting the 7920 Phones to work with
>Skinny & Asterisk; however no luck (yet).

Same here, no joy so far.

>Does anybody has a SEPDefault.CNF.xml and a SEP<mac>.CNF.xml handy for
>me ? it should be documented at the cisco page, but it isn't :-(

The default file should only get requested when the specific file wasn't
found. The ony slightly relevant thing I've found so far is a sample file in
the chan_sccp package (http://www.zozo.org.uk/pages.shtml?page=sccp), a 2nd
implementation for skinny protocol (and no, I can't get that to work either).

>I still have the issue that the 7920 spits out "No Service - IP Config
>failed" but Asterisk is giving me sign that the phone has registered.

Slightly differnt to what happens here - I get "No Callmanager found" and the
phone goes back to IP configuration, also after having registered at the call
manager.

>RECEIVED UNKNOWN MESSAGE TYPE:  2b

This isn't your problem, that's just a headset status message.

>so what is buggy ? Any hints/ideas ?

What's really needed at this point would be a tcpdump -w or ethereal trace of
the connection + tftp sequence between 7920 and a real cisco callmanager -
anyone got access to such a configuration?

I should get access to a test environment, but it'll take some weeks.

Bye, Martin