[Asterisk-Users] Mailing list growth

daryl at introspect.net daryl at introspect.net
Fri Jan 9 14:29:42 MST 2004

[...]
> "higher-level implementation" list that deals specifically with
> channelbanks & T1 issues (=larger installations). VoIP will remain on
> asterisk-users.
[...]

That doesn't quite sound right.  Maybe it is from your perspective, but
are you telling me that the NOCs with 80+ 7960's running VoIP don't
count as a large installation?

Of course, the term large is also relative.  A 4-port T1 card on its
own....even 2 or 3 of them, could never by any stretch of my imagination
be considered a large installation......but I deal with (among other
things) Definity's that service near entire buildings in mid-town
Manhattan with multiple DS3s....so it's all relative.

The problem with splitting VoIP and T1/TDM/whatever you want to call it
is that the crossover is huge, and where the problems lie often aren't
clear to those looking for help.
Daryl G. Jurbala
BMPC Network Operations
Tel: +1 215 825 8401 x235