[Asterisk-Users] IAX clients

Alastair Maw asterisk at almaw.com
Fri Jan 9 09:01:35 MST 2004

On 09/01/04 15:32, Michael at matraex.com wrote:
> Has there been any additional work on this yet? I haven't found
> anything in my searching for an iax client in java and I would really
> like to find one.

I now have a workable Java IAX2 library that can handle uLaw/aLaw calls
(not GSM yet, but I'm working on that) and play back a variety of WAVE
files (aLaw, uLaw, linear in 8/16 bit at various sample rates in
mono/stereo). It also does rudimentary text-to-speech (using diphone or
mbrola voices).

It can handle about 800 simultaneous calls on an Athlon XP 2200+
(provided it doesn't have to do sample rate conversion, stereo mixdown,
etc.), running in only six threads.

It can record calls out to RAW aLaw/uLaw/linear files, and I'm working
on WAVE file recording this afternoon.

Unfortunately, there are no current plans to release this stack under
the GPL, although my company might look into that as an option in the
future.

Regards,

Alastair