[Asterisk-Users] A question about Linux kernels and Asterisk

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 9 04:08:27 MST 2004

I know nothing about building custome kernels so if these are stupid
questions then tell me.. :)

I am guessing that since the kernel can be built with all sorts of
options and settings.. So is there anything in the kernel setup that
could be used to make a custome kernel that would be optimised for use
with asterisk and make it better able to process the codec operations
and RTP streams?? or is it all about as optimal as its going to get in
the standard kernels that come with various distros..

The thinking came from a post that I saw a while ago that said that the
Fedora kernel was far better with Asterisk than the RH9 kernel..

Later..