[Asterisk-Users] Mailing list growth

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Fri Jan 9 02:40:18 MST 2004

Hi,

Links between mail and usenet have been around for ages, but it's a tricky
business. Its very easy to loose threading information and the likes.
Additionally, a friend of mine has built the glue between Usenet (innd) and
Phorum and phpBB. It's ugly but it can be done. If you desire it.

As a long-time member of these mailinglists, I don't believe the community
at large currently desires (yet another) webforum, and will continue to use
the e-mail version, or maybe (but I'm not sure about that, because most
archiving tools get lost in the process) NNTP. We're a text-based kinda
crowd I guess :-)

Florian