[Asterisk-Users] Progress on the Polycom front...

John Baker johnb at listbrokers.com
Thu Jan 8 22:23:06 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "mattf" <mattf at vicimarketing.com>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 9:35 PM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Progress on the Polycom front...

> Hello,
>
> Good news on the Polycom front for those that are interested. It looks
like
> we may get a dedicated Engineer for Polycom/Asterisk!!! Happy Day!
>
> Here's the message I got tonight:
>
> Matt:
>
> I heard back from our VP of Engineering- she is prepared to have an
> individual dedicated to working on the Digium- Asterisk project.
>
> Can we discuss again Friday or mid next week?
>

> Scott Willard
> Director- IP Telephony Sales Polycom
>
> I am still trying to make progress on finding a Polycom reseller that
> we(Asterisk community) can partner with and maybe get a small kick-back to
> the community(Some to Digium, some to tiki hosting) for referring sales to
> them. If anyone has an Asterisk-friendly Polycom reseller they know of out
> there I'd love to get in contact with them.
>
> MATT---

This is great news!

If anyone is looking for a good Polycom reseller, I'd like to recommend
reviewvideo.
When stock around the country was low in early December, they had what I
needed
and shipped it right out to me.

When the phones arrived and I found I needed an upgrade, they gave me extra
effort to get me
the bootrom and latest sip software from Polycom.  Their service is
excellent and their tech support
line is answered by a human in three rings or less.

My contact there is:

Michael F. Sweetman
Channel Sales Representative
Office: 630-388-0491