[Asterisk-Users] SIP URI's: possible now?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Thu Jan 8 13:19:36 MST 2004

Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with the exact details of the
system, and I currently am under some time deadlines that prevent
adequate checking of the code.

Is this a true or false statement these days?

"As of the date this article was written, Asterisk does not have the
ability to pass a fully qualified SIP URI through its dialplan from a
SIP device, but it was capable of dialing an SIP URI from within the
dialplan if explicitly referenced.  This is a subtle but annoying bug
that hopefully will be fixed within a few weeks. "

If false, please comment.  I appreciate your picking up for my lack
of time...  This is for the 2nd (long overdue) O'Reilly article I
wrote that has been languishing in their inbox for quite a while now.

JT