[Asterisk-Users] Clicking until DSP called

Michael Welter mike at introspect.com
Thu Jan 8 12:03:38 MST 2004

I've set up a new * system as a test and development system.

When I start asterisk, I get a fast clicking on all FXS ports (about 4
or 5 clicks per second.)  Otherwise the system works great!

When I make a call to another extension or to the console the clicking
stops and the sound quality is great from then on.  However, when I
restart * the clicking resumes.

I'm using an Adtran 750.  The sound card is Ensoniq es1371 PCI, and
there is also an onboard VIA sound system.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,
Mike