[Asterisk-Users] 911 and lawsuits and redundancy

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Jan 8 09:26:21 MST 2004

> SCSI controllers shouldn't get spooked by drive failures. Just choose
> good controllers. This can be difficult as you find out that even
> Adaptec has been known to have controllers that don't work well under
> some loads in linux. Dell has a mailing list that basically is devoted
> to the fixing of the card/driver for one of their RAID controllers.

Actually I was referring to the controller itself giving up the ghost -- not
losing a drive and having the controller freak out.  :-)

In the end it's all just a big game of "acceptable risk" -- In my particular
situation I can handle being down for an hour while I hack together a
replacement system, so redundant power supplies aren't an issue.  Redundant
disks are but if the controller fries it's no biggie.

Regards,
Andrew