[Asterisk-Users] IPv6 support

Nicolas Bougues nbougues-listes at axialys.net
Thu Jan 8 01:56:43 MST 2004

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 08:22:26AM +0100, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> Brunner, Armin wrote:
> >Is there any IPv6 support within asterisk?
> >I couldn't find any hint in all the documents about this.
> No. Not today. iptel.org's SER has IPv6 support.
> I think it is about time to think about how to design it in Asterisk, as
> many VoIP networks
> based on SIP consider IPv6 to get rid of the NAT mess.

There is no real "design issue" with IPV6. No more NAT, that's all.

However, network connections and DNS lookup stuff has to be IPV6
aware, as well as configuration parsing (wherever IP adresses may be
expected).

There might then be possible to use some IPV6 specific stuff, but it's
quite far away.

Note that some time in the future I could be interested in it. Our
network is almost fully IPV6 enabled, and we have full, native IPV6
peering.

--
Nicolas Bougues
Axialys Interactive