[Asterisk-Users] zaprtc install problem

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Jan 7 12:49:48 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 12:46, Yannick DESSERTENNE wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to intall zaprtc on my machine (I don't have UHCI_USB nor Zaptel)
>
> and I have a strange behaviour during loading.
>
> When I do >make load
> I have :
> ./zaprtc.o: init_module: Input/ouput error
> With a quick dmesg got:
> rtc: I/O port 112 in not free
>
> Is someone have any idea to solve this ?
>
> I saw on the README file that rtc support should not be enabled in the
> kernel,
> but I don't know how to verify/modify that...

Did you compile your kernel? If so go to your kernel source and issue
this command "grep -i rtc .config" If the line is commented out then you
didn't compile rtc support. Now you just need to verify you are on your
kernel.

If you didn't compile your kernel, it is a good chance you have rtc
support already. Somewhere near where your kernel is located, you should
find a file config-2.4.* this file should have a matching version name
as your running kernel. It should contain your running kernel config
used during compile time. So issue the same command above but use the
config-2.4 file instead of .config. Same rules apply.

You may also wish to pole around in /proc. If you find rtc in
/proc/interupts it means your kernel knows about the rtc driver and is
has determined it's IRQ. Same thing goes for /proc/ioports.

You should even be able to find a reference to it in /proc/ksyms if it
was compiled in.