[Asterisk-Users] Call Rollover

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Jan 7 10:52:46 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 11:01, Ryan R. Fligg wrote:
> Have a question about implementing Call Rollover with my current
> extensions.conf configuration.
>

> [macro-stdexten]
>
> exten => s,1,Dial(${ARG2},20)           ; Ring the interface, 20 seconds maximum
>
> exten => s,2,Voicemail2(u${ARG1})       ; If unavailable, send to voicemail w/ unavail announce
>
> exten => s,3,Goto(default,s,1)          ; If they press #, return to start
>
> exten => s,102,Voicemail2(b${ARG1})     ; If busy, send to voicemail w/ busy announce
>
> exten => s,103,Goto(default,s,1)        ; If they press #, return to start
>

> [technicalmenu]
>
> exten => s,1,Ringing
>
> exten => s,2,Wait,2
>
> exten => s,3,Goto(SDSextensions,204,1)
>
> exten => s,4,Goto(SDSextensions,206,1)
>
> exten => s,5,Goto(SDSextensions,207,1)
>
> exten => #,1,Goto(mainmenu,s,4)

Goto's are one way and will not return to your local logic. Secondly,
your Macro handles voicemail for busy and unavailable and therefore
there wouldn't be a return like you are normally expecting. You may wish
to look into pickup groups and call groups so you can get this out to
the technical group quickly. Or there is the option of ringing every
phone in the group till someone picks up. At the time that someone picks
up, all phones will stop ringing. You could also look into agent logins.
This would keep a phone from ringing if the support person isn't there
to answer it and therefore delaying the caller more.