[Asterisk-Users] Doorbells & Door Intercoms

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Tue Jan 6 17:07:24 MST 2004

> Hi,

new context for door phone
immediate rather than dialtone
default extension is whatever you want it to call / do

to mine I added the twist of rolling into voicemail if I don't answer so
whoever was at the door can leave me a message.

I used a cheap analog phone on my channel bank. dialpad on the phone is
just ignored.

most people still insist on ringing the doorbell though, but at night, I
call out to the doorphone to see who is there if I am not expecting
anyone.
(the phone can be called as well as call)