[Asterisk-Users] This newbie gives up for now - sadly

John Coll john.coll at csoft.co.uk
Tue Jan 6 14:08:43 MST 2004

Robert and Christian, many thanks for this.

I wish I had known that Grandstream phones would not really work ... but
there, that's what research is about!

Chritian suggests the Polycom phones but the next post in this group says
there is a problem with echo on the Polycoms at present. Based on my
experience to date I don't have the confidence to get a set of Cisco phones
in - I'm glad to hear others are having success though. Well at least the
reality is emerging and I am going to leave any thought of rolling our
Asterisk on hold for 6 months.  I'll revisit eventually because I am sure I
want to use this technology.  I will stick to FWD for a while :)

Again thanks. Hope to see you all in the summer.

john