[Asterisk-Users] 911 and lawsuits

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Jan 6 14:03:35 MST 2004

In my opionion, right/wrong, courts would rule against any company
that provided "fair warning" to the customer of the possibility that
a system (pbx or otherwise) could fail, and some alternative form
(with employee training) of emergency services has been recommended.
Doing that verbally is not enough. Written legal documents with
acknowledgement signatures should be more then adequate. The US court
system isn't has bad as what some would tend to suggest.