[Asterisk-Users] Heads up v2.03h on snom 200

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Jan 6 12:25:00 MST 2004

Christian,

Just a quick heads up warning that something seems to be amiss on
the Snom 200 running v2.03h code.

The Message Waiting Indicator is blinking (due to a voicemail left
in Asterisk) as its suppose to.  Some time later the LED stops
blinking (as though no voicemail); then later it starts blinking
again.

I left a voicemail to x3008 (button 2) this morning at 8:48am, and
purposefully have not picked it up. I'm waiting on recurrance right
now. I'm also running a sniffer packet trace to validate whether
the phone is being told to turn off the LED, or whether something
in the phone is doing it by itself.

Pure guess: since there are two lines now defined on this phone, I'd
bet Asterisk turns the LED on for MWI on x3008, and since no voicemail
exists on x3002 (button 1), it turns it off. (Or something like that.)

I don't seem to have this issue with the Cisco 7960's on the same
asterisk box, so I'm jumping to the conclusion that something is
amiss on the Snom 200 code. But we both know what "assume" means.

Rich