[Asterisk-Users] 911 and lawsuits

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Tue Jan 6 10:42:33 MST 2004

ever notice the spec sheets from semiconductor manufacturers specifically
exclude the device from being used for medical applications ?

do something similar with asterisk - put a sticker on the box saying "not
911 rated" or something, use at your own risk.

I wouldn't be caught dead (well maybe I would be :) ) without a plain old
phone set plugged directly into one of my analog lines to use in an
emergency. Lots of telco equipment comes with an emergency jack as well
where if the device loses power, or self destructs or whatever, this is
mechanically shunted over to the primary analog line with a relay that
drops out when it loses power.

The phone does not have to necessarily be at the pbx either, it could be
brought out to the reception desk etc.