[Asterisk-Users] Multi-line help

Sean Garland sean at siskiyoutech.com
Tue Jan 6 08:42:00 MST 2004

Thank you all for your responses.  Since I was a phone installer
(previous life) and installed Lucent Partner and Merlin systems, I was
on the key system mode of thinking.  On the Polycom phones each line
button is a registration, so I wonder how I could program a SIP
registration to speed dial a number? Would that be done through
exten.conf like:

[button2]
Exten => 1,dial(zap/g1/5551212)

???

So then, carrying over to key system terms, I would basically be setting
up line pool buttons...  Basically with my small office (2 phones, and
one * box with 2 x100p cards) I would just use the first button (or
whatever) for my registration with my * and call it good...

I am thinking of proposing this system to my partner corp which would
entail around 13 extensions and 6 lines...  How would I give someone
upstairs the ability to view if each user was on the phone or not?  <--
should probably be a new thread....  Currently they have 18 button
phones that are programmed with the incomming lines, then the users
(LED's glow when user is on).

This is so much fun!  (no really!)
Sean