[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk not working with session border controller

Venkat Venkataraju outofjungle at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 6 04:17:34 MST 2004

Hi All

My company has bought a license for a session border controller called
"Middle". It look like this software acts like a proxy and registers
devices to the asterisk.

the problem (As per Middle guys) is that "Middle" sends a registration
request to the Asterisk asking it to reply to the port 7062, but the
Asterisk sends back the packet to the originating port 7060. This
confuses the "Middle" and the registration process stalls @ "Proxy
Authentication Required".

When i talked to person responsible, he told me that Asterisk is not
according to the RFC and he asked me to find a solution to fix this
problem. The only info i got about middle is here
(http://sip-martini.homeip.net/venkat/middle.html)

Please help me in fixing this problem. I really dont know what to do as
i'm not fully aware of SIP protocol or Middle.

Thanks
Venkat