[Asterisk-Users] This newbie gives up for now - sadly

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Jan 6 01:20:26 MST 2004

TC wrote:

> Hmm what channel type (Zap, SIP, H323 ??)
> on a Zap channel
> I just hook flash (this puts call 1 on hold), then i hear dial tone, I dial
> another end pt
> talk to that extension then, hook flash again now we are on a 3-way call, at
> that point
> can stay on the call or simply hang up

New wiki page:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20tips%20zap%20transfer

Linked from:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20PBX%20functions

I need help updating the "PBX functions" page. I have not worked that much
with PBXs, so I don't really understand all functions. I think it would be
beneficial for all of us if we explained Asterisk from a PBX function list,
so a potential customer/user could compare Asterisk with a commercial
PBX. There's a lot of built in functions, some functions solved by
extensions.conf magic and some functions supported in some channels, but not
in others.

Thank you for your assistance with completing/correcting this page!

/O