[Asterisk-Users] mailbox= wrong context. was: Newbie - MWI

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Mon Jan 5 07:10:31 MST 2004

Hmm... I was trying to seperate the mailbox= definition from the context
specifically named "default". IMHO, the implied(i.e. default) context for a
mailbox should be the context that's indicated for the device.

Take the below grossly simplified sip definition:

[sipphone1]
type=friend
host=dynamic
context=not_the_default
username=sipphone1

The context for this device is "not_the_default". Now, If I assign a
voicemail MWI to it, like this:

mailbox=1234

* currently looks for this extension in the "default" context. I believe
this is incorrect. The "default" context should have been overridden by
"not_the_default" that's already been defined for that device.

Does anyone understand what I'm saying? Am I just whining, or does it make
sense?

-----
Andrew Thompson http://aktzero.com/
Your eyes are weary from staring at the CRT. You feel sleepy. Notice how
restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions
stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.