[Asterisk-Users] Hardware to build an Enterprise AsteriskUniversal Gateway

Nicolas Bougues nbougues-listes at axialys.net
Mon Jan 5 00:37:33 MST 2004

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 07:38:16PM +0000, WipeOut wrote:

> Also a failover system would typically only be 2 servers, if there were
> a cluster system there could be 10 servers in which case five 9's should
> be easy..

Err, no. five 9s is *never* easy.

Does your telco provide you with SLAs that make five 9s reasonable at
all ?

Do you really need five 9s ? There is no such thing I'm aware of in
enterprise grade telephony. You have to go to "carrier grade"
equipment, which asterisk, and PCs in general, are definetly not aimed
at.

--
Nicolas Bougues
Axialys Interactive