[Asterisk-Users] RE: SIP + DTMF problem

Hamish Archer hamish at archer.net.nz
Sun Jan 4 19:47:49 MST 2004

Reposted because my original post was mangled by a nasty webmail client.
I would really like some help with this one if anyone has any ideas.

--

I am having a problem interacting with a remote IVR system when the
outbound call is going via SIP. The only way that I have been able to

Unfortunately that doesn't quite fix the problem because it will still
only accept DTMF input once the voice response has finished on the IVR.
If I try and press anything while the IVR is still talking it doesn't
recognize any of the digits.

I get the same result no matter what handset I use to originate the call
i.e IP or POTS handset. The SIP IVR works fine if I connect directly to
it using a SIP proxy + IP phone so I am pretty sure the problem is with
the way that * is handling the DTMF.

I found a post on the mailing list which suggested removing DTMF
detection while the far end is still talking. If that has been
implemented then that could explain the problem.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

Hamish