[Asterisk-Users] Cisco to Cisco - poor quality

Terence Parker terence at parker.com.hk
Sun Jan 4 18:28:32 MST 2004

Thanks for the replies.

My cisco firmware is only POS3-04-2-00, though it is SIP. It used to work
fine under vocal though - which was strange. Is this definitely nothing to
do with asterisk? I do note however that my firmware is fairly old... except
cisco aren't exactly generous with firmware upgrades.

I have tried both g729a (default on my phone) and g711ulaw with no success.
But i'll have another fiddle and try to get it to work.

Thanks again.

Terence

> what firmware are you using? is it SIP?
> to check, push settings then status and firmware
> you should have a load ID like this 'POS3-04-4-00'
> also check the preferred CODEC
> we use g711ulaw as the default

-- snip --