AW: AW: [Asterisk-Users] Snom 200 with two extns defined anyone?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Jan 4 11:22:07 MST 2004

Mike,

> What form of config is required in * to get >1 extensions available.
> Single login/registry or multiple? Do I have to specify lines per
> Christiasn's earlier mail?

In my implementation, the two extns are treated as though they are
separate phones with separate (independent) logins, like:
[3006]
type=friend
host=dynamic
username=3006
secret=password
context=from-sip
mailbox=3006
[3007]
type=friend
host=dynamic
username=3007
secret=password
context=from-sip
mailbox=3007

And on the phone, complete the
 a) two line entries under Settings/SIP/Lines (w/Action=proxy)
 b) two authentications under Settings/SIP/Authentication (Line 1 & 2)
 c) two Function Keys under Settings/SIP/Key Mapping (P1 & P2)

I've not figured out for sure when a phone reboot is required and
when it is not. Seems some changes are accepted dynamically while
others require a reboot. To keep from getting caught with unknowns,
I rebooted the phone.

After the reboot, the Settings/SIP/Lines show Registered for both
lines.

In an off-list discussion, it turns out that if you have two lines
in use (one active and one on hold) and then hang the phone up, the
two extns are bridged together. Apparently that's an expectation in
European ISDN, but certainly a surprise in the US. That apparently
only happens if "two" lines are actually in use (if four lines are
on hold and one line active, it doesn't bridge all five extns, but
I've not tried it either).

That's the only surprise I've seen thus far in v2.03f code, other then
turning off the "Challenge Response on Phone" option (under Settings/Base).

MOH (from *), MWI, nice Call Waiting tone with extn LED blinking, etc,
all work very nicely. (I don't use the phonebook, xml or anything like
that, so didn't bother testing those things.) If you select button 2
to initiate a call, the proper CallerID is used, etc.

Ringer is very loud for an office environment and there does not appear
to be any way to adjust the volume. Maybe that'll come later.

I have noticed that what is displayed in Settings/Base under "Version"
is not accurate until after the second reboot (following a firmware
upgrade). However, the phone's panel does display the correct version
after a single reboot.

Rich