[Asterisk-Users] Hardware to build an Enterprise AsteriskUniversal Gateway

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sun Jan 4 10:10:33 MST 2004

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
>>I would set the "Enterprise Class" bar at five 9's reliability
>>(about 5.25 minutes per year of down time) the same
>>as a Class 4/5 phone switch. This would require redundant
>>design considerations in both hardware and software.

To turn around, let's discuss what we need to focus on to get
Asterisk there:

Here's a few bullet points, there's certainly a lot more
* Linux platform stability - how?
** Special demands when using Zaptel cards
* Redundancy architecture
* Development/stable release scheme

Then we have some channel demands, like
* Better support for SRV records in the SIP channel

More?

/O