[Asterisk-Users] Modem Communications thru *

fred alexander fredvoip at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 4 04:33:21 MST 2004

Happy New Year,

I have a project to pass modem calls through * convert
them from IP to X.25 and then allow the modems at each
end to talk thru the rtp stream to each other before
calling modem terminates the call.

Datamodem --- FXS(non *) ---- ADSL  --- *
-----Software Application ---- X.25 ---- modem

While the above occurs I also wish to capture the data
stream and also parse selective parts of these
transactions into a database.

My questions are:

Should I start trying with G.711 (the modem speed is
1200Baud)?
I want to use monitor app. to capture the voice stream
and later convert it using text to speech?

I don't control the modems and part of the stream is
encrypted the rest is just text - strings and numbers

Is there an easier way to do this?

TIA

Fred