[Asterisk-Users] New to asterisk? RUN... don't walk.

Justin Sinclair justin at thesinclairgroup.net
Sat Jan 3 19:37:14 MST 2004

> I now stand by my original post with
> more conviction than ever.

> There were a lot of insightful replies.  However, none
> of them were able to address the real problems of the
> asterisk community and come up with solutions.  If you
> can't see your own faults, you are in for a bumpy
> ride.

How does the saying go? "If you're not part of the solution, ...."

As one who >is< new to Asterisk, I am happy that I did not heed your
suggestion to "RUN". The sources of information you deem "worthless"
have proven quite helpful to me in (so far) setting up my Asterisk
server, getting SIP phones talking through it, using voicemail, and
amazingly- all this without a single segmentation fault! :-P

Your complaints about the Asterisk Community remind me very much of
complaints often made about the Linux Community. Judging an entire
community (and even quality of the software) based on the actions of a
few people is a big mistake.

-Justin