[Asterisk-Users] Newbie - getting two local phones tocommunicate would be a good start :)

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Sat Jan 3 10:37:24 MST 2004

Hi!

You started out with a much too complex setup. Start small, test, and
then add things step by step - don't configure everything at once!

> Asterisk and 2 Grandstrem phones on a LAN. The * box (liza) is RH9 and
> happens to have a firewall connected to the outside but * and the SIP
> phones are all on the same LAN.

Then remove the nat=yes statements (and also the reinvite= and
canreinvite= parts) - for Asterisk your phones are not network address
translated. Also I guess you already read somewhere that having Asterisk
behind NAT is cause of trouble - but that doesn't matter for your
internal testing with a basic setup.

After adjusting sip.conf don't forget to "reload" Asterisk.

> externip = 10.0.1.198

Remove this for the time being to get your internal test running. Leave
messing with externip= for later.

> [5702]
> type=friend
> host=dynamic
> context=johnhome
> qualify=yes
> callerid="John workroom #1" <5702>
> mailbox=5702
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
> allow=alaw

> [5703]
> type=friend
> host=dynamic
> context=johnhome
> reinvite=no
> canreinvite=no
> qualify=300
> callerid="John workroom #2" <5703>
> mailbox=5703
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
> allow=alaw

> Found audio format UNKN
> Found description format PCMU
> Capabilities: us - 524302, them - 285/0, combined - 12
> Non-codec capabilities: us - 1, them - 0, combined - 0

See the disallow and allow statements I added in sip.conf.

Cheers, Philipp