[Asterisk-Users] one way choppy sound problem !

Nicolas Gudino nicolas at house.com.ar
Fri Jan 2 10:35:22 MST 2004

I have a similar problem, with GS phones, X-Lite or Kphone. I tried all
the codecs with the same result. Choppy sound in the direction SIP-Phone
-> pstn, but crystal clear sound the other way around. The only
difference in my case is that I have two asterisks servers connected
together via IAX2, the PSTN call is received in one asterisk, while the
sip phones are in the other asterisk. Ex:

pstn -> * --iax2--> * ->sip phone (GS, Xlite or Kphone)

If I use an Xlite in the same asterisk as the pstn line, the sound is
perfect in both ways. But when I answer the call in the second asterisk,
the sound from the sip phone to pstn is choppy, with or without silence
detection, and the sound from pstn to sip phone is perfect.

The asterisk server with the pstn line is an old pentium 133, maybe
thats the problem, I will try with a better machine and see how it goes.