[Asterisk-Users] Anyone, ideas for incoming call management for CRM system

Alastair Maw asterisk at almaw.com
Fri Jan 2 03:39:37 MST 2004

On 01/01/04 10:19, Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> What I am looking for is a solution like this:
> * Call comes in
> * XXX on Line YYY answers
> * A URL to a web page is transmitten on some channel, preferably the
>   VoIP channel
> * The web page opens in a web window´

You're best off writing a separate application to do that - you probably
don't want it tied into the VoIP communications layer because you're
then tying yourself into using software VoIP clients. Most people prefer
hardphones, so keep yourself flexible.

This would be really quite easy (couple of hours' coding, tops) to
construct using a simple Perl script on the server listening to the
Manager stream (telnet) for incoming calls, and a small C++/VB/whatever
systray application on each Windows PC. The Perl script would connected
to the appropriate PC whenever an incoming call appeared to tell it what
URL to pop up.

There are security issues with people being able to pop up arbitrary web
pages on each other's desktops and the like, but it basically wouldn't
be very hard.

You can find information on the Manager interface here:

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20manager%20API

Regards,

Alastair