[Asterisk-Users] after hours - is this logic ok ?

Lance Arbuckle asterisk at arbuckle.org
Thu Jan 1 16:44:59 MST 2004

Steven Critchfield wrote:

> First, one can not be flamed to death on a mailing list.

well....... back in the early days of the internet that was quite true
because there was a Small Company that made excellent FLAME suits.  The
suits were were made of top quality materials and were expensive to
manufacture and but the company charged a fair price and the suits were
embraced by the customers.  Then, along came another much larger
company, who even though they wern't in the FLAME suit business, decided
that expansion into that market would benefit their existing customer
base. So Big Company bought a FLAME suit from Small Company and proceded
to Embrace and Extend the flame suit technology for the benefit of all
mankind.  Some months later, Big Company declared the BC_FLAME Suit1.0
finished and started bundeling it with all their existing products at no
additional charge.  Even though the BC_FLAME Suit 1.0 had some problems
keeping flames from penetrating the "when nature calls" flaps and it was
discovered that the BC_FLAME Suit 1.0 was manufactured with materials
derived from the gypsie moth's favorite food, poor old Small Company
still found it's sales steadily shrinking.  Shortly after, Small Company
collapased leaving the only source of flame suits our friends at Big
Company.  Over the years, the BC_FLAME Suit has gone through several
enhancements and is now on it's 5.0 release but I still don't trust it
like my good old original FLAME suit from Small Company.  :)

--
  .~.
  /V\    LCA